The Issues stemming from Post Abortive Syndrome: 1
- Anxiety (i.e., anxiety attacks).
- Avoiding Children or Pregnant Women
- Feeling “Numb”
- Thoughts of Suicide
- Anniversary Reminders – the aborted child’s due date, or the date of the abortion.
- Experiencing The Abortion Again
- Wanting To Get Pregnant Again
- Fear of Infertility
- Unable to Bond with Present or Future Children
- Fear that Future Children Will Die
- Eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Drug Use
1 Dr. Paul and Teri Reisser in their book, Help for the Post-Abortive Woman (now entitled A Solitary Sorrow)