A mantra is centring prayer; or Hesychasm as it is know by our orthodox Catholic brothers and sisters:
Hesychasm can be explained as:
2. “the practice of inner prayer, aiming at union with God on a level beyond images, concepts and language”
3. “the quest for such union through the Jesus Prayer“,
4. And finally “the theology of St. Gregory Palamas“: Palamism seeking to be more like God, or becoming God.
- Patheos and Catholicism (mundabor.wordpress.com)
- How to Melt a Heart of Stone (christiancopingwithsuicide.com)
- Lord Teach Us to Pray: The Prayer Window by Kimberlee Conway Ireton (godspace.wordpress.com)